Will Tweet for Food
Go Fish is one of OTMM’s favorite food trucks. We love them so much we follow them on Twitter. Good thing. Today we got a BIG surprise. Go Fish was in Rockville Town Center!
Nowadays, social media is used for far more than just entertainment. Local DC businesses rely heavily on social media day in and day out to keep their clients and customers in the loop and Go Fish has got it down.
Not only do they use social media to broadcast their amazing menu and specials, they also use Twitter and Facebook to announce their locations so that their crab cake fans know exactly where they can get their fix everyday. They also have Facebook, Twitter and YouTube icons all over their truck to remind people they are on social media and to FOLLOW them. This creative marketing method has proven very effective for them and has exposed the business to numerous new customers.
Is your business in a social media slump? Here are some tips on how to really use social media to your advantage:
- Frequent tweets/status updates are a must.
- Food Trucks post several times a day to let their clients know where they’ll be and what they’re doing.
- Too busy to post that frequently? Schedule your tweets or posts in advance. (Yes you can do that, it’s 2012!)
- Make sure your clients know you’re online!
- Visibility is key. How can customers find you online if they don’t know where to go? Go Fish does an excellent job of advertising their social media by having the Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube logos all over their truck.
- Keep content fresh and exciting.
- This is your chance to show off your business’ personality and charm.
- Don’t just post about sales or promotions. Dig deeper and reach out to your fans on a personal level. Every business has a story and your fans want to hear it!